Here we go – some light feminist Friday reading to ease you into your weekend. I’ll be spending the weekend working at and presenting at the Women Writing Across Cultures conference here in Oxford; if you’re interested in academic feminism and women’s writing, I’m going to try to live-tweet some of the panels.
In the meantime, this week was Bisexual Awareness Week! Bisexual erasure is a HUGE problem in media and in the way we speak about sexuality.
1. Five ways you can celebrate Bisexual Awareness Week.
2. We have only a month until Halloween! Here’s a costume guide for girl empowerment!
3. Looking to see a film this weekend? Here are twenty things that everyone should know about gender bias in film.
4. From Cosmo, thirteen things everyone should know about personhood.
5. And, for those of you who, like me, don’t think you ever want kids, here are twenty-five famous women on childlessness.
What were you reading this week?